Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is the most accurate way to calculate body fat percentage?

What type of examination would be the most accurate? I'm sure there are several, but I have no idea what the exams obligate? Also, where may I receive one - may I simply go to my doctor? I'd also like to mention I'm in Rhode Island if there are any health pro's. that could do this. I'm of an average weight - about 5'4"/around 138 - 141lbs. Any help is appreciated; I know barely anything about body fats.What is the most accurate way to calculate body fat percentage?
The most accurate way to calculate body fat percentage is by water displacement, but very few places will do that for you--it requires a huge tank of water and a chair lift--you won't find a setup like this in most places.



There are plenty of charts where you can measure your body in different places, but this is a complex method that may or may not be accurate--some people accumulate fat in some places that get measured, but they are not over their body-fat percentage OVERALL--which is more important. (i.e., you might have larger arms--but still not be over your recommended percentage.)



Instead, use the BMI--it's accurate enough and it can tell you how much weight you need to lose by the percentage it reveals.



Here is a link:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-c鈥?/a>What is the most accurate way to calculate body fat percentage?
DEXA Scan (dual energy x ray absorptiometry) is the most accurate method. You can check with your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment