Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the excel formula to calculate the percentage to my goal?

I need excel help...I need to figure out a percentage forumla where it will show me how close I am to reaching my goal. Here's what I have now:



goal for 2009

current web traffic



what formula can I create that will determine how close I am to reaching that goal? (ie 75% acheived, etc).



Any ideas?What is the excel formula to calculate the percentage to my goal?
hey ho yeah i can see if i can help you :)



My goal for 2009 figuer in MY spreadsheet is in A2 but change this to the cell it is in for you



My current web traffic in MY spreadsheet is in B2 but change this to the cell it is in for you



ok so go to the cell which you would be entering the percentage answer into and type " =a2/b2" (again change the cells to accomidate you)



all we are doing is a basic division between these 2 cells which has the current web traffic and the goal for 2009



after you have done the division



this will give you a basic number what you now have to do is right click that cell %26gt; go to format cells %26gt; go down to percentage %26gt; change decimal places if you want and click ok



This will give you the current acheived percentage



hope this help if this is comfusing give me a hollaWhat is the excel formula to calculate the percentage to my goal?
(sum(cell X, cell Y))/ goal if adding a column of cells



if just using 2 cells



goal/current



format cells to %
  • pdd nos
  • russian translator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment