Thursday, January 26, 2012

How to calculate percentage errors?

I'm calculating resistance, but I have errors in the current and voltage. How then would I calculate the percentage error for resistance?

Given that my percentage error for voltage of 18% and current is 0.2%.

not that readings were 1.1卤0.2 for voltage and 89.7卤0.2 for current. So I may also be wrong in calculating those percentage errors, cause i'm not entirely sure how. can someone help me please? :(How to calculate percentage errors?
approximately, 18.2%.

18.2000728%, to be more precise.

To sum it up, the maximum possible error in a quotient is the sum of the relative errors in the divisor and the dividen. It is also true for a product. Note that the relative errors should not be very high, for these rules to be applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment